26 February 2012

Week 8

What a week!   

This week our theme was MOVEMENT and to be honest I thought I struggled last week, but this week was hard.  

Im not sure whether it was the actual theme or whether it was my inability to follow any kind of instruction,
but whatever the reason (which I am sure I will be able to fully determine with time), I felt completely uninspired.  
While several of my photos this week do have an element of movement in them - its almost all by chance.

On the bright side, I did learn a whole lot this week , thanks to our group's Saturday night rendevous in some
of Auckland's less desirable hang outs - dark, smelly wharves and motorway off-ramps;

* I was exposed to a new language - photograper speak.  Apertures, ISO, stabiliser off.....my head
was spinning and I did a lot of nodding, uhuh'ing and not a lot of understanding.

* I learnt to take night time pics (although quite a bit of practice still required)

* I now know what BULB means when it flashes up on my screen

It was really great to meet everyone and I cant wait to now put 
some of my new skills to practice.


Yum Yum - Glenfield Night Markets
Sunday 26th February






Auckland by Night - Stretched Ferry
Saturday 25th February






Still
Friday 24th February






Blue Gloop
Thursday 23rd February






Eye on the ball
Wednesday 22nd February





Little Feet
Tuesday 21st February






Going Nowhere Fast - Monday morning traffic
Monday 20th February


















5 comments:

  1. hey carrie, your night shot came out fantastically! if you have any questions do let me know, i'll try as hard as I can to explain things over email/messaging :). Favourite shots for me are your night shot and "Still" - keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was Tiger Woods really at your place? The opuicture looks a bit over exposed though as he looks a little washed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...although i think he would prefer to be likened to someone a little less 'hormonal'...

      Delete
  3. Great pics Carrie, your night shoot photo came out great. The eye on the ball shoot was timed really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics hun! Your night shot is stunning! And I love the simplcity of "Still". Very nice!

    ReplyDelete